Tom Harvey takes us on a whistle-stop tour of the improvement universe (commencing 31 August 2015).
1. The Health Foundation – Communications Toolkit: A comprehensive online communications toolkit for healthcare improvement; packed full of guidance and resources to help spread your message, share success and engage with stakeholders.
2. Quality & Safety in Healthcare 2016: The International Forum, held between 12-15 April 2016 in Gothenburg, Sweden have launched their ‘Call for Abstracts’. This gives individuals and teams the chance to share their ideas and work on improving quality in healthcare through poster displays or presentations in the Improvement Science Symposium.
3. ‘NHS needs best practice recipe to prosper across the board’: This is David Dalton’s belief that agreeing on a standardised operating system for diagnostic testing can assure reliable service delivery.
4. HQIP – NCEPOD Sepsis report launch: National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome and Death have been commissioned by the Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership to conduct a clinical outcome review programme on sepsis.
5. IHI – Reducing avoidable re-admissions in the era of value-based care: In this interview with IHI Content Development Manager Jo Ann Endo, Peg Bradke describes why despite the many challenges, it’s an exciting time to be involved with healthcare.
6. Sir David Dalton podcast with NHS Confederation: In their latest podcast, NHS Confederation chief Rob Webster speaks with Sir David Dalton about his review on new models of care and organisational form published in December 2014. They discuss the impact it is having on the system and the ways in which the NHS needs to change in order to remain sustainable.